Uniform Tax Allowance Refund Claims

Wear a Uniform to work? Wash it & look after it?
Then you can claim back money you are entitled to.
Apply today and get that money back into your pocket.

Easy to Claim

Submit your application details quickly and securely online and we'll start your claim straight away. Once we receive you're claim, we'll get in touch by email.

The Reclaim Specialists

We do all the hard work so you don't need to!
The Reclaim Experts specialises claims and refunds, and nothing else.

No Win, No Fee

Start your Uniform Tax Refund Claim today and receive money you are entitled to. You will only be charged after you receive your refund.

If you wear a uniform to work, you’re entitled to tax relief = money in your pocket.

We’ve all had that Sunday night scramble to find fresh uniform for work the next morning. It’s that item of clothing you must wear, day after day, week after week, month after month. It may not seem attractive or the most favourite item in your wardrobe but we have good news. You’re going to LOVE your uniform…!

Uniform, love it or hate it, has a secret power to give you back money in your pocket. If you’ve ever had to clean, wash or repair your uniform yourself, which we all have (well, unless you want to smell), then you are entitled to claim Uniform Tax Relief.

Like Marriage Tax Allowance, Uniform Tax Relief can reduce the amount of tax you have to pay. The key is that if you have not been claiming Uniform Tax Relief, you can claim up to 5 years worth back today! Start your claim today and get that money you are owed back into your pocket.

What classes as uniform?

Millions of people are going to work everyday in some form of uniform, whether it’s just a shirt with a company logo, a branded top-to-toe outfit, or something as simple as the same jacket everyday, not realising that they can claim tax relief to help cover the cost of cleaning your uniform. But what exactly is uniform?

Good question. A simple test to understand whether what you wear to work on a daily basis is uniform or not would be to ask yourself, “would a member of the public recognise your employer because of logos or a company name from your uniform?” If the answer is yes, it’s uniform.

The other way is to check our list below. Uniform is:

  • Recognisible Outfit that shows your job role.
    For example: Doctors, Nurses, Police Officers, Dentist, Veterinarian, Public Transport Workers.
  • Branded items of clothing which have the logo of the company, business or organisation you work for.
    For example, Retail Staff, Hospitality, Catering, Fast Food Restaurants, Supermarket Staff.
    If it’s got a logo (even if it’s miniscule) on a item of clothing you have to wear whilst your working and doing your role, then it’s uniform.
  • You have to wear certain clothes, including specialist clothing, to do your job.
    For example: Airline Staff, Pilots, Builders, Trades People, Engineers, Mechanics.
  • A Personal Uniform. If you wear the same outfit each day to work and people recognise these clothes as your role, this also classes as a uniform.
    For example: PE Teachers, Personal Fitness Instructors, Yoga Teachers.

Can I claim a Uniform Tax Refund?

If you have been given uniform by your employer to wear at work (for example, working at a fast food restaurant), or you have to wear a uniform to do your job (for example, police officer) AND you wash and look after this yourself, using washing powder (and conditioner for that extra soft feeling) that you have paid for yourself, then you are eligible to claim the Uniform Tax Refund.

Basically, if you have a uniform and look after it (i.e put it in the washing machine and dry it), then you can claim the Uniform Tax Refund.

But what happens if my employer washes my uniform?

Then you have a very nice employer, meaning that sadly you cannot claim a Uniform Tax Refund.
One another group that cannot claim Uniform Tax relief is those in the armed forces.

Why have I never heard of this before?

A great question! It’s a Government scheme that seems to have been hidden under a rock for many years, sadly resulting in millions of people missing out on money that they could claim to help them do laundry and general upkeep on their uniform. Everyone likes a smart, clean and sweet-smelling employee after all.

The good news is that if you’ve found this page and Reclaim Experts, we can help you claim back up to 5 years worth of Uniform Tax Relief, giving you money back in your pocket.

How much could I receive?

The amount of Uniform Tax you can claim back depends on your occupation and job role. For example, healthcare workers have an Uniform Tax allowance of £185 a year and Pilots an allowance of £1022, which adds up if you have not claimed before.

In other roles, like retail and catering staff, the Uniform Tax allowance is £60, meaning that they allocate £60 to each individual each year to cover the cost of washing, maintaining and repairing your work uniform.

By claiming a uniform tax refund, you’ll get back the amount of tax you would otherwise have paid on that £60. If you’re a basic-rate taxpayer then you will receive 20% of £60 as a refund, which is £12.00.

But remember, you can claim up to five years in total, so if you have not claimed your Uniform Tax Relief at all and you work at your local supermarket, for example, £60 has your name on it. That’s £60 in your pocket that you didn’t have before. Start your claim and get that money that you are entitled to today!

How do I make a claim?

Our claims process is easy, hassle free and we support you every step of the way. Simply start your claim using the form below, or get in touch with the experienced Reclaim Experts team who will guide you through the process.

Are you married? It’s a bit of a personal question, but for good reason. We want to help our customers claim everything they are entitled to. If your wife or husband or partner wears a uniform to work, we can help them claim too. And if your married, check out our page on Marriage Allowance which can help you claim thousands back in unclaimed tax relief.

If you believe you may be eligible for a Uniform Tax Allowance claim, click below to use our simple online process and we'll help you get started today.

Get Started Now!

You could be eligible to make a Uniform Tax Allowance claim. Start today.

Start your claim or get in touch with the experienced team at one of our partner CMC’s who will guide you through the process.

Would you be interested in Marriage Tax Allowance, PPI, Personal Mortgage or Pension?

You could be eligible to claim compensation. Start your claim online and begin the process on your Uniform Tax Allowance claim.

You could be eligible to make a Uniform Tax Allowance claim.

Thank you for your submission!

Please wait while we find the perfect match for your claim.
Don't worry, you're in good hands - We partner with many professional specialists who are ready to help.